Rx For Brown Skin

Monday, May 20, 2013

Neutral Ground: My "No MakeUp" Makeup Look

Hey Finessess!  Lately I've been getting emails inquiring about my make up routine referencing pics from my instagram account.  I am impressed by the stalking you're doing.  LOL

Joi over at rxfitnesslady.com has challenged me to a 7 day blog.  The first is to solve a problem for MyFinessedLife readers. Here's to hoping that this make up tutorial fits the bill.

1NYX Studio Perfect Primer, Clear, 1.0 oz/30ml
/ 2 Iman BB Cream  /3MAC 'Pro Longwear' Concealer / 4MAC Moisture Foundation/ 5 No7 Highlights Illuminator
/ 6 NARS Blush & Bronzer Duo/ 7 NYX Cosmetics Natural Eye Shadow Palette 
/ 8 Benefit They'Re Real! Mascara
/ 9 Buxom Lip Polish


Start with a clean face (cleansing previously posted here).

1. PRIMER Prime your face. Makeup lasts longer and blends better on a primed face.

2. BB CREAM If you have great skin, you can use BB Cream instead in lieu of primer and foundation.  BB cream aka beauty balm an all-in-one facial cosmetic that replaces serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock. It can be worn alone as a tinted moisturizer, over serum and moisturizer as a regular foundation, and under powder, depending on the desired amount of coverage.

3.CONCEALER Use concealer to mask dark circles, age spots and other small blemishes on skin.

4. FOUNDATION  Blend well!  This is key to looking natural.

5. ILLUMINATOR Illuminator brightens the face giving you a dewy youthful face.I put it down the bridge of my nose, just under my brow bone, and on my cheek bone.

6.BLUSH/BRONZER I smile and apply blush the the apple of the cheek. Then I suck my cheeks in and apply bronzer to the hollows for a more contoured effect.

7. EYESHADOW Keep eyeshadow simple. Choose a color one or two shades above or below your skin tone. Your goal is to only have a hint of color. 

8. MASCARA Add a few swipes of mascara

9. LIP GLOSS. Nude lips have come a long way. It doesn't have to be all brown. Choose a gloss or lipstick similar to your lip color. Choose caramel and pink for lighter complexions and cinnamon tones for darker complexions.  Sometimes I put foundation and clear gloss on the lips for a true neutral look.

Some of my neutral looks:



 photo Signature_zpsc7225a01.png

10 comments:

  1. My new Mary Kay lady tried to sell me primer the other day. I blend different brands of make up..no judgment, lol. I guess I will try the primer. I can't place eye shadow correctly. I need a tutorial for that! Your makeup looks great. I'm a new stalker on IG:) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joi buy an inexpensive primer. The one I have listed above is at ulta for about $9. They really do make a difference. Your make up will look fresher longer and last longer.

      Delete
  2. Girl,I LOVE me some neutral colors! Whether in make up, clothes, or house. It is calming to me. Thanks for a make up blog. I've been obsessed with makeup since I was a child(my sister is 14years older than me so I like what she liked). You can never go wrong with a neutral makeup look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love earth tones, my entire house is a neutral palate. I'm a bit of a makeup junkie also. I can spend hours in ulta and sephora.

      Delete
  3. Hi Veronica, visiting from #mbc and I use Makeup Forever, love that stuff. I only wear full makeup on Sunday when I go to church. I work from home, I always have my fave lip gloss from MAC. I will have to try a primer for my daughter, she wears makeup everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What color is your favorite lip gloss. I like Makeup Forever's eyeliner pencils they go on soooo smooth. Thanks for checking in. Hope to see you again

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the look. When I go into Ulta, I usually come out with something by NYX. The variety is great! #MBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victory Ulta is the greatest! I have to pump my breaks as I walk through the doors. LOL

      Delete
  6. I had a bottle of primer and my daughter stole it. But if I don't wear foundation, do I really need it? I am a makeup disaster. I wear mascara, eyeliner and lipstick. #MBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michelle! You do not need primer if you don't wear eyeshadow or foundation. Mascara eyeliner and lipstick are fine. Consider a bb cream (btw it replaces your moisturizer) just to give you an even complexion when you go out for special occasions. Very easy to use...squeeze a small amount out and blend into face with fingers. Also to be a lil fancy try a colored eyeliner and mascara combo. I love blackish navy and blackish burgandy for both. You can definitely pull it off and you'd still be in your comfort zone of not feeling overly made up.

      Delete