Rx For Brown Skin

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Skin Finesse: My Bad Skin Habits

If you are a person a color, then you are familar with the phrase BLACK DON'T CRACK.  Well, my  pigmented brothers and sisters, if you have some bad habits like myself you may be experiencing  a few fractures...EEK!  Bad skin habits can be the difference between a healthy glowing complexion and irritated, damage skin.  I KNOW is should be treating my skin better, but laziness is getting in the way.


2 BAD SKIN HABITS THAT I HAVE TO BREAK:




  1. NOT WASHING MY FACE AT NIGHT EVEN WHEN WEARING MAKEUP

Sleeping in makeup is clogging my pores.  I'm risking eye infections, and making my eyelashes sparse.  Currently, I am trying Mario Badescu products.  Early Review...LOVE  Now to use it before bed.

2.  KEEPING MAKEUP TOO LONG- Make up starts to harbor bacteria. Based on  articles I've found at Cosmetics Suite101, and Confessions of a Product Junkie and About: Skincarehere is a list of the shelf lives of specific products:

Foundation and Concealers: 12 months (water based/oil-free), 18 months (oil-based).
Powder : 2 years.
Blush and bronzer: 2 years (powder), 12-18 months (cream).
Eye liner: Sharpen it regularly and it will last up to 3 years (pencil), 3-6 months (liquid).
                                Eye shadow: 2-3 years (powder), 12-18 months (cream).
                                Lipstick and Liners: 2-3 years.

                                Lip gloss: 18-24 months.
                               Mascara: Some experts say 3-4 months. Others say 6 months maximum. No matter 

                              whom you’re choosing to listen to, all experts agree that mascara has one of the shortest  
                              shelf life. Think of your mascara as a petri dish for bacteria.  
                              Nail polish: 12 months ( Sorry just won't conform to this one)
                              Applicators (brushes and sponges): 3-6 months. Wash them regularly
                              Moisturizer, Toner, Exfoliants, Eye creams: 6-12 months
                              Lip balm: 1-2 years     
 photo Signature_zpsc7225a01.png

No comments:

Post a Comment