Rx For Brown Skin

Monday, March 11, 2013

Cleaning 101: The Toilet

toilet
I love a clean house but I HATE to clean.  I especially, loathe and detest (did I mention I hate cleaning) toilets!  There is nothing worse than a dirty, smelly commode.  I am known to walk in and walk out of public restrooms due to their unsanitary conditions. I will wreck my bladder and hold it rather than use a filthy restroom 0_o!

Because I am such a fanatic about the clean factor in restrooms, I took to the internet for ways to REALLY clean the toilet.  Thanks to +Anna Moseley over at askannamoseley.com.I found a completely natural combination that works better than any store bought chemical.  

Here’s what you will need:

Baking Soda
Lemon Juice {fresh is better}
White Vinegar
Damp rag

Step 1: Mix a paste of baking soda and lemon juice.  If you don’t have lemon juice you can use water but lemon juice is a great disinfectant and great for removing odors.  The consistency of the paste should be about that of pancake mix.

Step 2: Spread the paste all along the bottom of the toilet {where it meets the floor}, the toilet seat, and any other area that gets a lot of over spray.  Let it set for about 10-15 minutes.

Step 3: When the timer expires spray the dried paste with white vinegar and let it fizzle.  Once it is done fizzing wipe it up with a damp cloth.
It’s very important that you don’t forget about the walls and/or cupboards on either side of the toilet.  It’s easy to remember to wipe the floor and the toilet but the walls and cupboards will also get sprayed and they will need to be wiped down regularly too.  Spray them down with vinegar, let it set on them for a few minutes and them wipe them down.

Cleaning the toilet, floor and walls at least once a week, with these steps, will keep the smell at bay and you won’t have to worry about what your guests think anymore!  A clean toilet is sooo #finessed.
 photo Signature_zpsc7225a01.png

No comments:

Post a Comment