Rx For Brown Skin

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My FInessed Life Has Been Nominated for an Award!


Whoop whoop!  Hey Finessees! I've been nominated for a Liebster Award!  It's the blogosphere community's  way of saying hey your blog is awesome.  I am honored!!!  I tried to find the origins of the award but cannot get further than link backs to others that have been nominated.  It seems that the main intent of the award is to give public recognition to new blogs with less than 200 followers.

A big salute to Melody aka Scudds Harrison of Dosmesstique.com for nominating me.  There are few rules attached this award:

via

11 THINGS ABOUT ME:
  1. Hair doesn't grow on my legs.
  2. I had braces as a kid and invisalign as an adult.
  3. I broke my thumb riding a 10-speed when I was ten years old.
  4. My great-grandmother's name was Apples (Gwyneth you're late LOL)
  5. I met and dated my husband in 1990.  Met up again in 2000.  The rest is LOVE.
  6. I have 13 year old cat named Egypt.
  7. I have a six figure student loan debt (OMGeeeee).
  8. I always consider the worst case scenario when planning things.
  9. I am a make up fanatic.
  10. I hate to clean, but I am a clean fanatic
  11. Horses are my favorite animals.
11 QUESTIONS FROM MELODY:

1. What is your biggest goal for this year? Improve my overall wellness

2.Where do you want to be in 5 years? Living with reduced debt.

3.What stage of life are you in right now? Pump your brakes and enjoy my family mode

4. What is the last thing you said out loud? Mommy doesn't want to hold your juice.
5.  What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now? Every day I'm hustling.
6.Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same? Cyclic--it's always really difficult before growth.
7.Does time really heal all wounds? Hell to the no!  LOL Just makes the pill easier to swallow.
8.How do you handle a rainy day? TV, blog, online retail therapy.
9. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you? A little too much.  I'm into details.
10.What is the truest thing that you know? That a higher being controls our lives.
11.Who have you hugged today? My husband and daughter.

AND NOW MY NOMINEES:
Patricia @ TheDIYFrenchie
Hope @ DefiningHope

HERE ARE THE 11 QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
1.  What's the meaning behind the name of your blog?
2.  If you were a superhero, who would you be?
3.  What's your guilty pleasure?
4.   Favorite color?
5.  What's your most expensive and/or extravagant purchase?
6.  What's your biggest fear?
7.  What did you want to be when you grew up? 
8.  Are you doing #7?
9.  What's your biggest life lesson to date?
10. What are your blogging goals for 2013?
11.   What's a bad habit that you want to break?



Check out Scudds site heredomesstique




 photo Signature_zpsc7225a01.png

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations and Thanks for nominating me. I know a little something about that 6 figure student loan debt...OUCH! Will you come over and clean for me, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, somedays I ask myself if the amount of debt that I am in is worth it. But I am thankful, I have a financial plan (posted about it previously http://myfinessedlife.blogspot.com/2013/02/bills-bills-bills.html) It's definitely working.

      About that cleaning....your teeth? Sure! Your house chile please! LOL

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination! Funny, I also know about that 6 figure student loan.lol. Nice getting to know a little about ou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I really love this post...I actually learned some stuff about you V. Most of the stuff I already knew :).

    Congrats on the award my love, all of the recognition you receive is well deserved! WERK!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete